|Study Guides: $10-$25||CLEP Test: $77|
The College-Level Examination Program exams are tests that can sometimes substitute college courses. Whereas tests like the AP exam are taken before a student gets to college, the CLEP exam is taken while a student is in college. It is administered by The College Board.
Related articles: AP Test, Community College, College
- The test costs $77.
- Prices are set by The College Board. A student can save hundreds of dollars on tuition, student fees and textbook charges by passing the CLEP exam and skipping certain courses. Exact savings vary widely based on what college a student is attending.
- Many testing centers charge a non-refundable test administration fee as well. Ask about this when registering for the CLEP.
- The College Board's official CLEP study guide costs $24.95. Individual subject guides cost $10 each.
- About 2,900 colleges accept CLEP tests for credit.
What should be included:|
- There are 33 CLEP tests in various subjects.
- The CLEP measures a student's knowledge in a particular subject area, and is used by universities to assess whether students can "test out" of certain courses. This can save students time and money if they can pass the subject test.
- The $77 test fee includes the basic test and a score report for colleges, universities or employers.
- Study guides should give you an overview of CLEP subjects, as well as practice test and strategies for succeeding on the CLEP exam.
- There is a $10 charge for students who have to complete an essay as part of the test. Some colleges require essays in certain composition or literature exams.
- The CLEP is computer-based, although a pencil-and-paper version is available for an extra $45 fee.
- Because scores are returned instantly, there are no charges for services like score by phone or rush delivery.
- A copy of a CLEP transcript costs $20.
Shopping for the clep:
- CLEP exams are free to eligible military personnel, including civilian employees.
- Try buying CLEP study guides from a used bookseller. Be careful to not buy a version that's too old, as information may be outdated.
- Online study guides, including the Massachusetts Institute of Technology's Open Courseware and the University of California at Berkeley's course webcasts offer free ways to prepare for CLEP exams.
- Take advantage of exam guides for the CLEP.
- Students who don't pass still have to take the college course. A student cannot re-take the CLEP for six months after the initial exam, except by getting a waiver from The College Board.
7 Tricks To Make Home Appliances Last Longer
Give your household equipment a little workout now and then, to make sure anything mechanical will perform well when needed. Periodic exercise can extend the usable life of many items. || Posted October 14 2013
5 Important Things to Know Before a Tornado Hits
This week the Midwest has been battered by tornados, which are one of the most violent and destructive type of storms nature has in its arsenal. || Posted November 19 2013
What People Are Paying - Recent Comments
More Schools & Job Training Topics
Search Thousands of Topics on CostHelper.com